Sunday 22 February 2009

Vauxhall's advertising turkey

My life was empty, I had no girlfriend and my car was getting a bit long in the tooth. So I popped down the Vauxhall showroom to get my self a babe magnet (subject to finance), you probably know it better as a Corsa. Driving home I spotted a young woman struggling to cycle up the hill. She was probably in her late 20s, sexy but certainly not too much for your gran.

I pulled the car over and out popped the integral cycle rack, it is hidden behind the number plate. By not getting out of the car (to fully show off the cycle rack remote mechanism) I risked her thinking I was incapacitated in some way but the risk proved worth it as she slid in beside me. We went to my appartment overlooking the Med (Medway) and made love all afternoon. Thank you Vauxhall, and thank you integral cycle rack.

P.S. The woman could have been my wife I cant remember.

http://www.visit4info.com/advert/No-Deposit-0-FInance-on-Vauxhall-Corsa-with-Bike-Rack-Vauxhall-Corsa-Range/68816

I know the ad has been around a while but it is bad, in fact so bad i couldn't even find it on youtube. Can you explain why the car is driven by a sock puppet? What is more If the best thing about your car is an integral cycle rack it might be an idea to feature it on your website rather than hide it. I could go on and on and on ...

2 comments:

  1. The Corsa ws shown driving towards the camera on the right hand side of the road. When it stopped, the puppet was shown driving a right hand drive corsa, so far good. How ever having loaded the bike and young lady the Corsa is seen driving away from the camera indicating right and pulling over to the wrong side of the road. Finally we see it driving, once again, towards the camers on the correct side of the road. DOH!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
Just curious about marketing, psychology, economics, business, irrational behaviour, people, models, communications, advertising, market imperfections, b2b marketing. I work in the marketing communications industry for OgilvyOne.