- it does not deliver sales tomorrow so they cant prove the business case
- they don't have the resource or specialist skills, they are geared up to campaigning and that's they way it will continue until ...
- agencies don't know how to charge them and make money out of it
Small companies tend to get it because ...
- it does deliver sales. http://www.bakertweet.com/
- they don't need specialist skills
- they could never afford agencies anyway.
Lesson in here somewhere. Think like a small company if nothing else.