Sunday 28 December 2008

Pepperoni power - The best piece of marketing ever

I reckon it's Pizza Express.

a) the kids get a crayon set when they go there
b) i think i am getting a bargain with the kids menu so i am happy to spend a bit more on me.
c) at 10am during the week they invite school kids in, 30 of them, to make Pizzas. They (the kids) then tell their parents how to make Pizzas. And now every time we go past the restaurant they point out the 'Pizza Shop'. It's pepperoni power. No advertising required.

Clearly PE know their market, they price it accordingly (very of the moment), get the product and experience right. In marketing terms it sounds very old fashioned, a bit 4Ps.

I'm a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
United Kingdom
Just curious about marketing, psychology, economics, business, irrational behaviour, people, models, communications, advertising, market imperfections, b2b marketing. I work in the marketing communications industry for OgilvyOne.